Survival Apnea Australia - BREATH FX + ICE WORKSHOP
Time & Location
About The Event
Instructor : Jason Rice (XPT certified Coach and Survival Apnea Instructor Trainer)
This is an experiential based workshop. You will develop an understanding of the breath journey, perform simple effective exercises and practise methods to develop your stress management, health and performance adaptations. The methods experienced are simple yet effective and will enable you to continue your own breath practise.
The breath is the most under rated yet powerful component of health and performance underpinning and regulating just about every function in the human body from the nervous system, blood, mood and emotion to your responses threats and stress. It is essential for life and you can only go a few minutes without it before dying. However most of us are completely devoid of any idea of how we breathe or how we should be breathing and the impact breathing has on us as an organism. We simply take it for granted that the air goes in and out of its own accord. Little do most people realise that the breath impacts a delicate balance that can has a direct influence on their bodys homeostasis, health, performance and longevity. It is a fact that from a young age most modern humans develop chronic life reducing breath habits and dysfunction.
The goal of the BREATH FX workshop is to give you the tools to reclaim your health and performance potential by mastering and optimising your breath. The workshop finale is a 2 minute ice tub immersion (optional - However we urge everyone to have a go). The cold exposure experience is where you are able to practie using the breath to control your bodys response to stress.
We use the ice bath as a stress / breath control tool device. However there are also many additonal health benefits with cold water immersion. One is the profound increase (200%) in dopamine. This results in a 'natural high' sensation.
You will learn breath mastery tools enabling you to identify dysfuntional breathing, correct breath mechanics, breathe to improve athletic performance, recover more effectively from exercise, manage stress and improve overall health and life quality.
At the conclusion of the workshop you will have tools to:
- Recover faster and more effectively between sets and workouts and not get so gassed.
- Reduce stress responses within minutes enabling you to make better decisions.
- Maximise your O2 uptake, usage.
- Enhance fatigue management.
- Tolerate higher levels of CO2
- Unwind and destress at the end of a busy day.
- Ramp up, clear the head and focus before that big event.
- Start every day with a clear head focused and energised.
- Reduce insomnia.
- Conduct altitude training that is more effective than actually training at altitude.
- Breathe your way to better health and superior performance.
- Discover the route to enhancing consciousness through accessing deeper relaxation and meditative states.
Breathwork is one of high performing individuals best kept secrets!
Expect to be laying down, sitting up and rolling around on the floor practiseg breathing skills. For most parts its a very relaxing and chilled experience. We promise you will leave the workshop floating and all smiles and of course "Harder to Kill"!
Bring swimmers and a towel for the ice bath.
Wear comfortabe loose clothing.
Cushion or pillow to sit and lay on.
- BREATH FX COOLANGATTA JULY 13$45$450$0